Version 1.8.7 (23 Mar 2018)
- Adds support for projects written by Xojo up to 2018r1.
- Fixes "Search Multiple Projects" on Windows and Linux.
- "Search Multiple Projects" has an option to skip hidden folders (such as ".git" and ".svn").
- Adds Retina (hi-res) support on macOS - requires the Retina version from the downloads.
- On Windows, the Xojo project file associations are not automatically set any more but only via a menu command..
- ActiveX classes (derived from OLEContainer) are now handled.
- Re-Import of Vaults that were exported from XML projects works again.
- Lots of bug fixes.
Version 1.8.6 (26 Dec 2016)
- Adds support for projects written by Xojo 2016r4
- Fixes a rare opening issue when an encrypted item's block padding is exactly 12 bytes long.
- Disables Auto-Tabbing in macOS Sierra.
- More debug output in cmdline mode, when using the "-debug" option.
Version 1.8.5 (12 Oct 2016)
- Adds support for Optimization setting as written by Xojo 2016r3
Version 1.8.4 (18 Jul 2016)
- Adds support for Breakpoints as written by Xojo 2016r2
Version 1.8.3 (13 Jul 2016)
- Updated for Xojo 2016r2 (now understands HiDPI and WindowMaximized keywords)
- VCP-Fix: Can read Notes with commas in their name now by simply taking everything past "Name = " as the text for the name.
- VCP-Fix: Declares with qualified Lib names (eg. "Lib CoreFoundation.kLibName") can now be read.
- Improvement: Makes multi-file search faster by now verifying the VCP projects.
- Bugfix: No more Assert when a "sub" has a return value. Instead, it ignores the return type, just like the IDE.
Version 1.8.2 (17 Apr 2016)
- Does not refuse to save modified projects any more that had warnings at open.
- Improves reading iOS projects (still supports only XML and binary formats, though).
- Can now handle new Breakpoint format (no more unknown "brkP" errors).
- Now handles Descriptions in Event Definitions.
- Improves error reporting for cmdline usage.
- Unknown Tag warnings now re-appear for every loaded file to keep it properly documented to the user.
Version 1.8.1 (13 Jan 2016)
- Can now read FileTypeSets from VCP projects written by Xojo 2015r4.
- The Linux version finally works with the Drop Pad window like it does for OSX and Windows.
- The Windows version can now show HTML pages as intended, instead of reporting odd error messages.
- The search function can now search specifically for "Kind", e.g. to find all Properties or all Container Controls.
Version 1.8 (29 Oct 2015)
Project Comparison improvements and fixes
- Now detects differences in the order of Controls and Menu Items.
- "Minor Differences" (see "Comparison" menu) now includes case differences in source code (but not in string literals).
- Text Case Differences in Properties are not "minor" any more.
- "Apply" buttons are now called "Merge".
- The Comparison Filter input field can now also exlude the search string by prefixing it with a "^" character.
- The Filter now also works on "Type" column (one can now filter for "left only", for instance).
- Script Editor handles errors better, jumps to error line.
- New "Run on" option "Every method in Selection": When this is chosen, the script is run on every method that's inside the selected classes, modules or methods, or in the entire project if nothing is selected.
- Adds scripting functions from Xojo's IDE Scripting, so that scripts like "Format Code" (https://github.com/jcowgar/xojo-format-code) can be run in Arbed and applied to multiple methods in one go.
Other changes and bug fixes
- Can now open iOS projects.
- New "Clone Project" command to create a duplicate of an open project. Facilitates before <-> after comparisons.
- New context command "View / Edit Controls Order" for Views + Controls.
- Now understands recently added extensions (Text type, Using etc.).
- Various fixes for reading VCP (text format) projects.
- Fixes Undo recording for Merging of one-sided items in hierarchical view mode.
- Fixes HTML + Text Export (was missing all non-public identifiers in non-API mode), removing "Icon Set" output and fixing order of conditional constants.
- Saving a cloned project isn't working. So make sure you're making any code edits to your opened project, not to a cloned version, if you want to be able to save your changes later.
- When running a script on "Every method in Selection", Undo will operate not for the entire run, but for every method individually. This means you'll have to use Undo multiple times if you like to undo such a script run.
Version 184.108.40.206 (10 Mar 2015)
- Windows/Linux only: No more error messages when using "--showDiff" command
Version 1.7.8 (4 Mar 2015)
- Can now open, edit and save binary projects written with recent Xojo versions (2014r3 and later) containig new "Double" type.
- Includes new script for replacing conditional constants ("Replace Localized String Constants.arbs").
- Arbed Scripting: RegEx.Search() now returns nil if no match is found. Formerly, it would never do that.
- Fixes an encoding issue with CEF, where some special chars ("🔍") would not store correctly, damaging the text (turns out that MemoryBlock.WString() is not working well).
- Fixes bug where merging an external file's path (non-code, e.g image) and saving to VCP format led to an Assertion error ("Can't generate file extension for img").
- Fix: Avoids an exception when reading encrypted project items
Version 1.7.7 (7 May 2014)
- Renames "extra left" to "left only" in the Comparison window.
- Can handle new "visible" and "type" entries in PDefs.
- Speeds up some scripts (e.g. "Remove Code from all methods.arbs") by using the new StartUpdating() function.
- Bugfix (Mac only, probably): If file selection dialog pops up while Arbed is in background, the modal progress window is not getting in front of the file selector any more.
- Bugfix: "External Items" window now accepts dropping Aliases.
Version 220.127.116.11 (24 Feb 2014, Windows-only)
- Windows: Fixes the black project images.
Version 1.7.6 (20 Feb 2014)
- Can now (again) open projects with bad (NUL) characters.
- Shows NUL characters in the code editor as "␀".
Version 1.7.5 (16 Feb 2014)
- Ready for Xojo 2014r1.
- Improves handling of "minor" differences in custom classes.
Version 1.7.4 (16 Jan 2014)
- Fixes a VCP verification issue around Build Automation Scripts that start with an empty line.
Version 1.7.3 (19 Dec 2013)
- Build Scripts, Enums and Structures can be edited now.
Version 1.7.2 (17 Dec 2013)
- Ready for Xojo 2013r4.
- Fix: Comparison: Adding an external file from one to the other project now works.
Version 1.7.1 (26 Nov 2013)
- "Export to Vault" works again
Version 1.7.0 (20 Nov 2013)
- New: Supports Xojo's new file name extensions.
- New: When opening a VCP (.xojo_project or .rbvcp) project, Arbed shows a warning if it does not understand the project format entirely.
- New: Can now be used as a Conflict Solver tool with SmartGit (the cmdline option "showDiff" now accepts 3 files for a merge-comparison).
- Improvement: Comparison detects "Minor differences" more reliably. This makes the menu option "Ignore 1-sided PDEFs" obsolete.
- Improvement: IDE Build Scripts are now shown as formatted source code.
- Improvement: Arbed Scripts can now modify Attributes and get an item's Scope.
- Improvement: Script editor lets you choose on which project to run the script.
- Improvement: Project editor and comparison windows remember last window's position, size and splitters.
- Bugfix: Searching in project works again in Declarations and Strings, also adds search in Notes only.
- Bugfix: Filter (center-right text field) in Comparison works again.
- Bugfix: Reading VCP projects with encrypted items works again.
- Bugfix: Converting with "Assemble External Files" creates the Externals folder at the destination's folder, not at the source.
- Bugfix: Converting to XML with "Assemble External Files" option updates the paths in the written XML file correctly.
- Bugfix: Fixed two big leaks that caused opened projects not to be freed when closed.
- Bugfix: No more flicker on Windows when viewing source code.
- Bugfix: Linux: Cmdline use works, finally.
- Bugfix: Externals Browser works again.
- Bugfix: Convert/Export to XML with external items works again.
- Bugfix: The menu commands for Apply <- and Apply -> operated in the wrong direction.
- Bugfix: Comparison marks differences in encrypted items.
- Bugfix: Comparison marks differences in the "dynamic" state of constants.
Version 1.6.3 (7 Feb 2013)
- Bugfix (introduced in 1.6): When comparing projects, differences in a method's parameters are detected again.
Version 1.6.2 (24 Jan 2013)
- Columns in the Property/Value view are resizable.
- Scripting: Value+SetValue now work on Constants. New access to selected items in project window. Adds Beep function.
- Fix: No more Stackoverflow when using Script's ReplaceLineEndings function.
- File menu offers "New Script" command.
- Save As in Script Window is now always enabled.
- Fix: Help button in String Obfuscation and Localization dialogs now sticks to the bottom when window is resized.
Version 1.6.1 (18 Jan 2013)
Version 1.6.0 (30 Nov 2012)
- New: Can now read and write .rbvcp (VCP) projects.
- New: String Obfuscation. Automates hiding precious data (text) in your code.
- Scripting reveived new features (running shell commands, Dictionary class).
- Many bug fixes and other small improvements (detailed list).
Version 1.5.5 (26 Apr 2012)
- Bugfix: Missing external items can be located again.
- Project Comparison now includes Build Automation items.
- HTML Exporter doesn't include methods that contain "RegisterMBSPlugin", "SetLicenseKey" or "SetLicenseCode" any more.
Version 1.5.4 (10 Apr 2012)
- Fixed several issues around the address field, identifying the path to a project item. This leads to a few changes in behavior:
- Control Instances were using the underscore ("_") as their identifier in the address bar, now they use the minus sign ("-").
- Control Arrays were using their index number preceded by a dollar sign ("$"). Now they're preceded by a period (".") instead, just like other sub-items.
- Due to these changes, Control Instances that were once hidden in a Project Comparison will show up again. Hide them once again to fix this.
- When editing source code, it doesn't end up with extra leading spaces any more once saved.
- Project Comparison: External Files (images etc.) do not show up as different any more even though both projects identify the same file.
Version 1.5.3 (4 Mar 2012)
- Bugfix: No more crash when using "Apply" in the comparison on Event Definitions
Version 1.5.2 (20 Nov 2011)
- Now checks again for invalid NUL characters in source code when reading a project.
- New feature in "Find On Disk" ("Search Multiple Projects") command: Can now scan projects quickly for invalid NUL chars.
Version 1.5.1 (3 Nov 2011)
- Comparison window remembers its size and position.
- Fixed bugs around scripting, allowing now modification of source.
Version 1.5 (2 Nov 2011)
- Accepts new "Basic" license type.
Version 1.4.1 (29 Sep 2011)
- No more self verification errors when using Export To Vault with project files written by 2011 IDE versions (i.e. the entire RbBF header is now preserved instead of creating a default one).
- Locating of externals fixed on OS X in cases where they were moved after saving the project or inside the Trash.
- Locating of missing files improved when opening projects: Now finds all files relative to a interactively chosen folder, even if they're in neighboring folders.
- One less Assert when opening old projects that could contain errorneous first lines in comments for properties.
- Ignores a few more editor tags from ancient IDE versions instead of complaining about not knowing them.
- Project Comparison: No more showing of FileAlias diffs if they point to the same file but only differ in alias data (can be still made visible by enabling the "Show minor diffs" menu option).
- Raw Project Window's list view adjusts again when window gets resized.
- Added commands to export to and import from Vault.
- New command line option "-noExternals" for "--showDiff".
- New command line option "-showAlerts" to get errors shown via MsgBox.
- Improved error reporting when using command line mode.
Version 1.4.0 (21 Aug 2011)
- Now shows all Project Items, including the "UI State" and "Build Automation".
- Now shows a warning when using the "Apply" button in the Comparison window on items that include hidden items (mainly happens if using the Hierarchical list view).
- Fixed a bug where some menu bar commands always favored the right project in the Comparison window even if the left one was selected.
- Fixed a few more bugs around using the Comparison window and the "Apply" operation.
- Using the "Apply" (merge) function in the Comparison window won't cause a slowdown of the app any more (Caused by a RB bug, Feedback ID 17179, which is now worked around by avoiding WeakRefs in that area).
- Pasting of project items copied from the IDE works again (no more exceptions).
- Export to "Vault" works again.
- Now works again on Windows and Linux.
- Scripting added.
- Saving a project on Windows doesn't report a problem any more, leaving behind an (intact) .rbtemp file.
- Detects when an opened project is changed on disk (e.g. when saving the project in the IDE while it's also open in Arbed) and warns about the now-outdated version in Arbed.
- Fixed issues with Undo in the source code editor.
- All opened windows of the same project file now are synchronized: If a project is opened both in the regular Project Editor and in a Comparison window, changes in one window will be also updated in the other. Interally that means that all windows refer to the same file representation in memory (in previous versions each window had its own copy of the file).
- Remembers many settings now in a Preferences file.
- Comparison excludes changes in indendation from the source code differences now.
- Can now be invoked with command line parameters to show the differences of two Projects (see Using SmartGit with Real Studio projects).
- Project Items can be copied in the IDE and pasted into Arbed for viewing in the Editor and Comparison
- Preferences are now remembered
- Problems opening XML project are now reported properly
- The "Externals Browser" has been much improved: Faster, more reliable.
- New Prefs setting to blindly assume UTF-8 encoding (always save to assume for prjs saved in recent IDEs), speeding up project loading, especially XML projects.
- Added automatic update checking
- Fixed font size related problems on Windows
- Can load project files in xml format again
- Consolidation of external non-code files now asks user to locate them if they're not found automatically